Easy Instant Pot Recipe
I recently bought an Instant Pot from Target. So far, I am really liking it, but I found it all a little intimidating. However, the more I use it, the more intuitive the Instant Pot seems to me. After I made rice in the Instant Pot, I started to think about what recipes in my regular rotation that I could try out in the Instant Pot. As I have been fighting off the beginnings of a cold, I thought I’d try to make a vegetable and white bean soup — super healthy and comforting, perfect for when you’re a little under the weather.
Vegetable and White Bean Soup
Like a lot of my recipes, I decided to go with the vegetables that stood out to me in the store as looking particularly delicious. Feel free to tweak the recipe as needed to adjust for your personal preferences.Jump to Recipe
This vegetable and white bean soup recipe is quick and easy. I estimate the prep time took about 25 minutes, just to do all the chopping. Between the initial sautéing and the actual Instant Pot pressure cooking time, it took about 25 minutes to fully cook. Easy enough!
I decided to build this soup around rapini, kale, butternut squash, and white beans. These are some of my favorite vegetables, and they just so happen to go super well together in soups. I love garlicky, rich greens, so I was sure to add a bunch of fresh garlic to the pot originally. If you’re not as big of a garlic fan, feel free to decrease the number of cloves used.
As I have mentioned in previous recipes, I love using Better than Bullion for cooking. This just adds a little extra flavor to the water, whether you’re making soup, pasta, or rice. I love the seasoned vegetable base, but there are a number of great flavor options.
Vegetable and White Bean Soup
- Instant Pot
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Seasoned Vegetable Better than Bullion
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 large white onion
- 5-6 roma tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 bunch of rapini
- 1/2 – 1 bunch of kale (or spinach)
- 1 can of white beans
- 2 – 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 pack diced mushrooms
- 1 cup brown rice
- Roughly chop the white onion and garlic. Add olive oil to the Instant Pot and incorporate the onion and garlic until coated. Set the Instant Pot to the "Sauté" setting.
- While the onion and garlic begin to sauté, dice the mushrooms and add them to the instant pot.
- When the onions become fairly translucent and the garlic becomes fragrant, add five cups of water to the pot. Change the setting to the "Soup" setting at this point.
- Add 1 tbsp of Better than Bullion to the water and mix it all togehter so the concentrated bullion dissolves.
- Roughly chop the remaining vegetables and add them to the Instant Pot.
- If the water in the Instant Pot does not cover the vegetables, add a little extra water.
- Rinse the white beans and add them to the Instant pot.
- Once you've incorporated the beans and vegetables, add 1 cup of rice to the mix and stir it all together. (If you'd rather use pasta, I am sure that'd turn out well, too; next time, I plan to use ditalini pasta.)
- Secure the top on the Instant Pot and set the setting to "Pressure Cook" on high for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minute cycle expires, let the Instant Pot sit for 5-10 minutes after. Once this time has passed, release the steam from the Instant Pot and remove the lid.
- Add salt, pepper, and any other dried herbs you wish to taste at this point.
- Plate the soup with or without cheese.
Pin the recipe to save it for later!
Check out all of my recipes here!